Monday, September 29, 2008

Tee-ball and Transformers

That was our weekend, tee-ball and transformers. Ty had a great time at tee-ball, it was nice to get him into an activity with other kids seeing as how he is out of school right now. He ran right out onto the field to start playing catch as soon as we got there, didn't even give me a chance to introduce him to the coach, he did all that himself. The coach did a great job with 10 3-5 year olds. I think a lot of them had played this past spring because they all seemed to know each other. I do feel bad for not helping Ty more with learning to catch with his glove, but I am sure it will come. He had a few "I don't want to do this" moments but told us he loved his team and had a great time. We will see when we got back to practice on Weds.

Ty is pretty active but between running around in his spiderman costume, going outside with Frank as much as he can, running his huge dump trunk all over the place; he likes to watch Transformers. This is his favorite movie and we have seen it about 100 times. It really isn't even a little kid movie but for whatever reason, this appeals to him more than anything else. I am getting tired of Transformers and am really hoping there is something else coming out that will catch his interest for awhile.

My dad has started researching our ancestory, on both his and my mom's side of the family. He gave me access to the site he uses so I can look at what he has done. It is really cool the amount of information now available on the web, census info from the 1800s and Civil War records. It is all so very interesting to me. One of the things I very much enjoyed as a child was listening to the stories my granddad and grandma used to tell about our ancestors and now seeing their names again, I can actually remember some of the stories. These are things I want to be able to tell Ty, so the stories are not lost. I am also finding through other I guess distant relatives, more information about people in my family. There was one guy who fought in the Civil War, for the Confederates, he lost an arm in the battle for Spanish Fort. It is interesting because I got this information from his great-grandsons post on a military website...and obviously, that makes him related to me in some way. Anyway, call me a geek but I find it all interesting.

Ty playing first :)
Photobucket

No comments: