Thursday, September 11, 2008

Imagination and Love

I am so glad that my son possesses a vivid imagination. I was a very imaganitive child, loved to pretend and my brother and I played all sorts of pretend games. Ty has a few imaginary friends, The King and Queen, they are mostly responsible for anything lost or broken, they live in the tallest tower. He also has Weejoe and Weejee, they play the trumpet and go to picture class, which is outside. Ty can take out couch cushions and blankets and have himself a boat to go fishing with. Oh the Thinks He can Think says Dr Seuss. I have really not seen much of this type of imagination since I was a child, there are so many toys/games that make imagination less necessary....you know when we were kids, we didn't have video games or tons of toys but we did have out imaginations....and I am glad to see that my son has gotten that from me, my sister and my brother.

My sister has been so good to Ty. It was hard when he was smaller and she was sort of unpredictable, not to worry about what she might say or do with reguards to him. Lately, she has been so good to him and to me. There will never be words adequate to let her know how she has changed my life, how she has given me the one gift "my son" that has made my whole life worth-while. You just can't imagine how much she must have loved him to do what she thought was right and let me adopt him. And seeing now how he loves her and she loves him, it makes me so happy. We have been able to do some things with her and Josh this summer, and she has taken Ty out to Six Flags and stuff, he really enjoys it and loves being with his big brother Josh. I love my sister and think when it came to one of the most important things in life, she made the hardest and most mature loving choice she could and I hope that in loving our son, I can repay her for her gift.

No comments: