He starts t-ball tommorrow. I am excited to see how he does. He told us today he didn't want to play with other kids because they always "push him down". He has a very active imagination...lol...I really hope this is something he will enjoy. I also hope I can get the sweaater he insists on wearing off of him for t-ball as it is 90 degrees outside and the whole winter sweater thing is fine indoors but he will overheat outside for sure. This is just one of his little eccentricities. He also is usually in a spiderman costume and cowboy boots.
There are other things on my mind...I guess things that bother me, that I don't talk about a lot but think about quite often. One is my neice, Dylan, she is a really bright child, and has always been absolutely wonderful to Ty. My brother (her dad) and her mom split when she was 2, she is almost 7 now. My brother's current wife (they have been together since Dylan was almost 3), S, does not seem to like her very much. This makes me just beyond sad. Dylan can be a little annoying at times but she is a kid, can't they all be annoying at times? Her mother sort of took off, has visitation (which she gets out of whenever she can) and seems to be less than interested in her. I feel so bad for this wonderfully bright child. S complains that Dylan tries to mother their youngest dd Marley and it gets annoying, so she admits to actually screaming at Dylan about it. Marley is a year old, I would think she could actually start playing with Dylan....maybe I am wrong here but Dylan played with Ty when he was that age. And screaming? I think some kids are really good at just tuning you out, and maybe a better approach would be to touch her shoulder, get on her level and talk to her....she is a smart kid and she deserves a little respect. My brother seems oblivious to most of this, and I can't imagine letting someone treat my child this way. I think a little time/seperate attention to her (they are busy with 5 kids) might go a long way towards making her relationship better with S. I also think that Dylan will grow to resent Marley, S is all over that little girl, she pays no attention to anyone but her. Its sad, and I do see Dylan one day choosing to live with a mother who is indifferent versus one who thinks she is annoying.
My nephew has started playing football at his middle school. There have to be about 50 kids between the A and B teams for the 7th grade. He loves playing. My folks have kept him pretty busy, since he seems to make some bad decisions when he has time on his hands and not so great friends to hang out with. He plays football every day after school and Saturday, does gymnastics 2 times a week (afer football) and has guitar lessons once a week. Needless to say he is busy...but he really does love it all, so I guess its fine. We go to his games. Its hard to see him with all the other kids out there and they are on the far side of the field. I have managed to get a few good pics of him. We think he may be on the team to impress girls...lol. He has been able to spend some time with Ty lately, which is great, he is so good to his little brother, Ty couldn't be more thrilled then to get to hang out with Josh.
Peter Parker

Spiderman

Josh playing football...he is number 18
No comments:
Post a Comment