Soooo....my three year old has been telling me for 2 weeks that his knees (knee) hurt. I had blown it off....after all he makes up all sorts of things (it seems Leah and Elizabeth are quite the rowdy bunch and push and hit him A LOT). So, I decided I would take him to the ped, just to be sure.....2 weeks of a consistent story is unusual for him. I wanted to make an appt for next week, I mean this has been going on 2 weeks....a lil more time wouldn't hurt and he isn't "sick". I apparently can't make a "well" appt for knee pain, he had to be seen same day. I took him in, and I have to say I love my ped, they are so prompt and have not yet made me feel stupid. I did feel stupid taking him in....he has been rowdy, jumping, running, all over the place but just says his knee hurts. The ped looks at his knee for a bit and says "well, his knee is swollen so it probably does hurt, there is a chance that he has a toddler fracture". Then I felt bad for waiting so long to take him in.....I just can't win. We had to go to the hospital to get an x-ray, Ty says "I wanna go home" as soon as we walk in the x-ray room....LOL...me too. Bottom line, no fracture but the ped did want him to take motrin for pain and swelling for 4 days.
I also noticed tonight while brushing the lil guys teeth that he has a spot on his back tooth....now his teeth are really white.....no other signs of trouble but both me and my nephew have spots on our teeth (they are ugly) so looks like Ty got that bad luck too....I do need to now take him to a dentist, not looking forward to that.
We had practice last night, I had 5 of 9 kids show up....one left about a third of the way in to practice. I am sorta miffed by the soccer thing. I signed my son up (and ended up coaching) and I will be there for the practices and games as long as there isn't an emergency, I made a commitment to do so. I have had a max of 6 kids show up for a game and stay (we play 6 vs. 6). I have not had a single parent who is supposed to bring snacks show up on their week...but worse no one calls to say "sorry we can't make it" so it is like a big suprise every week as to who I will have show up. This totally irritates me.....if I got a call saying that they weren't going to be there, I could at least get some snacks.....and yeah 3 year olds know they "should" get snacks after a game, most of them have older siblings. What do I say to the three year old who is play really hard when she asks "are we going to have snacks after the game?" NO. I hope that I at least can teach Ty that when you sign up for something, you are making a commitment and you have to stick by it.....at least for the season.
I am watching "Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader" and wondering how excited this guy is going to get.....makes me laugh to see someone so excited about a 5th grade question....LMAO.
Anyway....I am wondering, I am always going to have zits???? Will they ever go away? Not that I have a lot but I always seem to get 1 or 2 when I am hormonally challenged.....will I one day miss these blemishes? Will I one day wish I was young enough to have them? Maybe but for now, I wish they would go away.
Perimenopause is a witch
10 years ago
1 comment:
Wow, I'd be ticked off if kids didn't show up, especially the snack parents! What a jip! You're definately teaching Ty a good lesson. You're a supermom, no doubt!!! I can't believe you juggle so much!
Post a Comment