Saturday, April 28, 2007

3 on 3?

So, we had a game this morning. My mom couldn't be there because she was invited to go to my SIL's ultrasound (3D one) so I asked my friend (and secret crush....shhhhhh) Steve to help me out. He said he would.....gotta love a man that will come help watch your 3 year old so you can coach. So I get there and Ty and I are the only ones there for awhile....no big deal. One of the other kids, Karim shows up and thats it......it is 11:00....game time. I have 9 kids on the team and 2 show up at game time.....and one of them is mine. I was really worried because Ty doesn't really "play" or stay on the field. So poor Karim was going to be playing by himself. Chloe showed up in the first quarter....thank goodness....at least then we could play 3 on 3 without using one of their players. Chloe scored a goal immediately....she is going to be a good player and she loves to score. The other team had one kid that was really good.....wanna guess whether he sat out or not?????? He sat out for about 2 minutes.....all the other kids not only sat out a lot but also didn't get to kick the ball very much. My kids all take turns kicking off and kicking in......because it is true that the kids that play better will be the ones that score and have the most ball time but you can control who kicks off or in and make sure that other kids get a chance to get their feet on the ball.....isn't this a fun league?? How much fun can it be if you don't touch the ball at all??? Even Ty took his turn....once....gotta love him.

I am beyond frustrated with the kids not showing up.....one sent an e-mail (was happy to get that as that was from the snack mom and at least I could get the kids snacks....all 3 of them). Another sent an e-mail this morning (after game time) to say she was taking her son off the team.....I can see why, he cries every time we have practice and games....I can't "make him" stay on the field or for practice...but the one time he did really good was when mom wasn't there. Now my son doesn't play a lot or practice a lot but he is getting better....he stayed on the field the whole time and only layed down once and got back up quickly.....why?? because Steve was there.....ugh....why can't he try to impress his mom????? He did manage to pull his shorts down, pull his shirt up over his head and walk around without being able to see, grab and hold onto my leg and, my fav, spin in circles. I love the kid to peices, and I am just glad he stayed on the field and took a turn kicking the ball. He really loves "playing" and asks all the time "soccer game today?" Maybe I will have to have Steve come more often *wink**wink*.

Suprisingly none of my kids have picked the ball up with their hands.....this amazes me. I also only have one kid that doesn't stop at the whistle.....and he seems like he may some severe attention issues. The drills have definitely helped.....we also haven't scored a single goal on ourselves....the kids always know which way to go and turn it around if I say "turn around". We do love any help we get from the other team scoring goals :P

No comments: